1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Lost Bookmarks toolbar

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by imawriter, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imawriter

imawriter Thread Starter

I use XP and Firefox. Earlier this evening, in cleaning up, I went to System Restore and got rid of past restore points and set a new one. I don't know if this is the problem, or has contributed to it.

My Bookmarks toolbar has disappeared so I can't access my bookmarks and I can't create any new ones because the title Bookmarks/Bookmark this Page is not at the top of my window. I do have them saved in a folder in My Documents. I have looked for help in the Google toolbar and have not been able to find anything that works for me. Either they asked for information I did not know how to find or I couldn't understand the directions.

Is there a simple way to get the toolbar and my bookmarks back?

Also I needed to find my user name and I don't remember it. Haven't had to use it in years. Is it the first part of my e-mail address or something else? If so, how do I find it?

Thanks in advance.

2. James4630

James4630

3. imawriter

imawriter Thread Starter

Followed your advice above. Clicked on blank space on Menu Bar. Box showed that Bookmarks was not checked. I checked it and...no luck. Then I noticed that Menu toolbar was also not checked it, so I clicked on it, got a check and, VOILA, the welcome word Bookmarks at the top of the page. It worked. Thank you so much.

Among the other options were much more complicated instructions including My Computer, Documents and Settings, Application data, etc.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/915907

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice