Solved: lost cdrom

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

norrby

Hi
I have a Writemaster TS-H552B DVD/CDROM drive
Yesterday it suddenly decided not to write or read any CDs but the DVD side is fine for reading and writing.

Looking in My Computer I used to have two drives showing for this but now only the DVD one on show.

Inserting a CD into this drive it is not recognised and will not become active.

I have tried disconnecting ,rebooting ,re connecting ,rebooting (found new hardware) but still missing the CD side

Welcome any solutions
The drive has not had any big use and no Games

Thanks

Norrby

norrby

Thanks for quick response
I will probably settle for a new drive as I think you may be right regarding a cure
I will check out a few reviews on the most suitable drive

Thanks again

Thanks for quick response
I will probably settle for a new drive as I think you may be right regarding a cure
I will check out a few reviews on the most suitable drive

Thanks again
Drives are not too expensive now, and as I said, very few (any?) people who have posted here with this problem ever got it solved.

For me, the problem started after a firmware update. And I can assure you that I tried everything to fix it, from using cross-flashing to other firmware versions, to taking the drive down to its components. The problem seemed to be with the electronics of the drive and was never solved.

It may be worth trying an update, but in the end, you need to ask how much time you wish to devote to the problem. If you have a spare drive to try, it would quickly eliminate the OS or computer as the culprit.

norrby

Thanks and I have decided to renew my drive

NECND 354OA has been recommended so will check out prices tomorrow

Norrby

If you can spare the cash, a new drive will be the least painful solution.

You can mark your own threads "solved" using the button above.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online