1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[SOLVED] lost file

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Danboy, Dec 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Danboy

Danboy Thread Starter

Hi everyone. Downloaded a holiday wallpaper theme today using winzip. Decided I did not like it so found the file using start,find. I went to where it said it was under my computer but could not find it. I would like to delete everything it downloaded but I do not know where it is. Any ideas?

Thanks

Danboy

2. slipe

slipe

You can delete it directly from the find. You don’t have to track it down to delete it.

3. Danboy

Danboy Thread Starter

Hi Slipe,

Thanks for getting back with me. Deleted them from the file box I was telling you about but the wallpaper and everything else is still here. I have windows 98SE and under the wallpaperI had the Plus on its the room in the mansion one. Now when I go to the control panel under Plus it shows the christmas wallpaper. I know it is this computer somewhere. Let me know if I have'nt made myself clear with what I have told you.

Danboy

4. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

In "find", do a search for ( *.bmp ), without the parenthesis.

5. Danboy

Danboy Thread Starter

Hi DoyceJ,

Typed in what you told me. Found 270 files, checked them all and each one came back with All Programs Not Found Windows Cannot Find Picture Viewer.exe I have deleted everything I have found saying Christmas Theme but the wallpaper and everything else will not go away. Could there be a hidden file somewhere? Also what if I remove Winzip and reinstall it? I don't know....

Thanks Danboy

6. Danboy

Danboy Thread Starter

Hi everyone,

Since my last post I have went back to Find-files or folders and deleted anything that had the word Christmas in it, screensavers and all. The Christmas Theme wallpaper and icons are still on the computer.
    Thought this info might be useful...........

Thanks Danboy

7. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Have you searched for *.scr?

8. Danboy

Danboy Thread Starter

Hi Acacandy,

Just tried that and nothing showed up with the name Christmas Theme 1.7

Thanks Danboy

9. ~Candy~

Where did you find this? I want to take a look at it.....

10. Danboy

Danboy Thread Starter

Hi AcaCandy,

I hit the start button, went up to find, hit files and folders and typed in #.scr and hit find now.

Thanks Danboy

Let me guess............Not the right place ha ha

11. ~Candy~

Oops, I meant, where did you find it to download to start with.....

*.scr, not #.scr

12. Danboy

Danboy Thread Starter

O.K. I have msn as my homepage. Typed in ZD Net downloads then hit go. When that came up typed in Christmas wallpaper in the search box, again hitting go. The one I am talking about is the 6th one down, Christmas Theme 1.7

Thanks Danboy

13. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

Ahh..Shareware and screensaver. Be sure you correct you search like Acacandy said. Also, go to start>settings>control panel>add>remove programs>look and see if it is listed.

14. Danboy

Danboy Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply DoyceJ,

I tried what you said and turned up nothing. It is not listed in there. I have looked everywhere and it is not listed. You sound like there is something I need to know about screensavers and shareware. My ears are always open, that is the way you learn...........

Thanks Danboy

15. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

Sorry, didnt mean to sound cryptic. I was looking for wallpaper not a screensaver. I am waiting for Acacandy's response before I download it and check it out.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/60935

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice