1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: lost Firefox toolbar

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by TonyVT, Jan 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TonyVT

TonyVT Thread Starter

Once upon a time life was good. I used the Firefox tool bar (back arrow, current url address, bookmark tab, tools tab, etc). Then I did something bad. It must have been me because no one else uses my laptop. Now the Firefox tool bar is gone. The space above where the tool bar used to be shows the name of the page I'm on but not the URL and "Mozilla Firefox".

The next bar down shows "Most Visited", Getting Started (with Firefox) and "Windows". Under that is the Google tool bar (I installed this because I had to have some way to navigate.)

I have an ASUS EeePC, running Windows XP Home and Firefox.

I tried reinstalling Firefox but still no tool bar. I tried installing only the Firefox tool bar - still no tool bar.

If you can help me get back the Firefox toolbar I promise never to do this bad thing again. (I'll probably do some other bad thing but not this one again.

2. throoper

throoper Trusted Advisor

If you still have the menu bar, click View>Toolbars>check what toolbars you want to show.
    If the menu bar is also missing, right click on what you have and see it you get the list of toolbars to check.

T. :)

Pressing the Alt key on your keyboard will temporarily show the Menu bar if you hid it.

3. TonyVT

TonyVT Thread Starter

YES, the Alt key makes it show up but as soon as I leave the bar it hides again. I tried right clicking on it to make it stay open but it still hides. Any ideas?

4. TonyVT

TonyVT Thread Starter

Many thanks. I figured out how to lock it open after you told me how to find it. Thanks again. If only all other "problems" could be solved as easily. Thanks again.

5. throoper

throoper Trusted Advisor

You're welcome. (y)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972020

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice