1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Lost Hard Disk Space After Disk Defragment

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by drips702, Aug 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drips702

drips702 Thread Starter

o.k...so heres my problem....im curently defragmenting my HD...i have two partitions...my C: drive and my D:drive.....i have my OS installed in my C: drive and alot of other things.....

So when i first started defragmenting my C:drive....i had 34.0 GB of free space..and i left to go eat taco bell..XD..and when i came back...it was around 70% done but the free space was down to ONLY 2 GB.....

so iv looked evrywhere and foun lots of people had this problem..didnt quite find a solution though....and BTW...im stil defragmenting *** im writing this...but i might just end it becouse it started going really slow.....im assuing becouse i have no free space left on that partition....

Another important thing is that im NOT using the disk defragmentor that comes with the OS....

im using one called "Piriform Defraggler"....and before that i used the default one that came with the os...and it said that it was 0% defragmented..but when i analyzed it with the other program..it said it was like 64% fragmented......

So if theres ny more info u guys need ...just let me know...and i dont know if my HD space will come back after i close the program..but idk..il let u guys know..becouse i might just close it out now..becouse i dont think it will finish any time soon....

so plz help me out with this problem.....and thanx in advance.......

2. drips702

drips702 Thread Starter

KK..im sry guys....i was just doing sum "reasearch"..and found out how to fix it....it turns out i had to resize the maximun ammount or shadow copy space..or sumthing like that....i had to do it in the cmd prompt...so ya...

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!