Solved: Lost Microsoft Word Document

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

puppypaws

I am using Office 2000 with XP Pro, IE8, and SP3. I had three pages typed in MS Word for a newspaper article and lost everything except the first two paragraphs. I've never had this happen, so I certainly have no idea of what caused the problem. I was wondering if there is anyway to recover my information, there was a great deal of thought and work involved in this document. I would greatly appreciate any help I may receive, this has been energy draining as I have tried to recover this information to no avail.

Thanks for any help someone may be willing to offer.

Reid

Phantom010

Trusted Advisor
Looks like you saved the document to a temporary folder. Were you working on the document from an email message?

flavallee

Trusted Advisor
First Name
Frank
When you're creating a document that's lengthly, it's a good idea to stop every few minutes and save what you've typed so far.

All it takes is a power flicker(if your computer isn't connected to a battery backup unit) or accidentally closing it without saving it first.

You didn't mention where you keep your documents saved, so you might consider creating a folder on your desktop and naming it "Saved Documents" and then saving them there until you're ready to move them elsewhere.

-------------------------------------------------------

puppypaws

I saved the document, and honestly have no idea of how it only retained two paragraphs.

puppypaws

I created from scratch, and save into documents. Never had this happen before, and I do this quite often so I am very confused as to where it could be hiding.

DoubleHelix

Banned
You created a brand new Word document in the My Documents folder? Then you opened it from that folder, made changes, and saved it? Then when you opened it again, the changes were gone?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online