1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Lost my Installer for Maxtor One Touch 4!!!

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by ralphygarfield, Aug 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ralphygarfield

ralphygarfield Thread Starter

I don't believe this! I've somehow deleted my installer for my external Maxtor One Touch 4 (500GB) hard drive. It's no longer in the folder where I had it. I can still use the device, but this means I can no longer backup my files with the special software.

I am somebody who reinstalls Windows a lot and was planning on doing a reinstall very soon - so I need that installer!

Is there a way to download the installer online? There has to be!

Or - the installer may have just been misplaced on some random place on the hard drive. But I'd have no idea how to search for it.

Please somebody help me out - if you own this device could you at least upload the installer online for me?

Thanks.

2. ralphygarfield

Ok I seem to have found the installer, but this just gets even weirder.

I found it in a hidden system folder called found.000.

Sadly it seems even more files are lost. And there are so many folders within folders that I don't even know where to look to restore what!

3. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

4. ralphygarfield

Yes, that looks like it. Thanks a lot. But now I am worried about all these deleted files in the found.000 folder... I seem to be missing more stuff that isn't even in there! And I have so many files that I can't even remember all of them. Thus, I am worried that I have lost more files than I can know. And I still wonder... how did this happen?

5. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

Did your system, or could your system have gone thru a checkdisk operation at startup (sometimes it will initiate automatically unless you stop it at startup)? If so, and it detected errors and attempted to correct them that migth explain the .000 folder and the missing files.

They are probably unrecoverable but I'm not sure about that.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/738401

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice