Solved: lost OE

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

iltos

i ran a search of this forum with the words "lost" and "outlook express", and while a lot of folks have had similiar probs, nobody really addressed mine

fortunately, i've gotta a feeling mine is reasonably simple

my account went corrupt yesterday, so i created a new one and manipulated old files into new places to get a desktop back that reminds me that i've used this computer for more than five minutes

i can find lots of OE data files, but i can't find the application....clicking on some of the files will opend OE in its "first time" mode, so i've been able to reconfigure the program to send and recieve with the new account...i even found my address book :)

but i can't get the icon to my desktop, or even a short cut to the app...every time i want to open it, i have to go and find one of the data files again....i'm getting to be ok with it....too ok with it....so i thought i'd stop in and ask where i can find the application.

any ideas?

Right click your desktop, click new, shortcut.

in "type the location of the program", copy and paste this:
"C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe"
Click next
Type in Outlook Express, then click Finish.

You should now have a working outlook express shortcut, and a white envelope with the blue arrow surrounding it as an icon.

the prog is located at c:\program files\outlook express. The file here to create a shortcut to ismsimn.exe

They were able to launch OE as if it was a new load up of OE, so i dont' think they are having a problems with launching / finding OE, it is a matter of finding their old profile.

Did you create a new username within Windows ?
Did you create a new identity perhaps ?

or am i just confused LOL :))

Swiper,
Swiper said:
so i dont' think they are having a problems with launching / finding OE
I was reading this, apparently your read something else?
iltos said:
but i can't get the icon to my desktop.....so i thought i'd stop in and ask where i can find the application.
iltos, if your problem is solved, please mark it as such in the thread tool button at the top of the first post.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online