1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: lost Outlook items

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by cometsmom, May 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cometsmom

cometsmom Thread Starter

One of my end-users has lost all of the items in one of her Outlook personal folders. There is a list of sub-folders, but none of the folders has anything in them from the date/time she deleted something else from another personal folder. I found a backup and would like to restore the file but am hesitant. If I restore the file will she lose the items that she has received since the time of the file that is restored? How can I make sure she doesn't lose any more than she already has?

2. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy

Rename the current PST, restore the old PST, make sure both PSTs are linked in Outlook, copy the missing folder from the restored PST to the renamed current PST, then delete the PST you had just restored and remove the link in Outlook.

3. cometsmom

cometsmom Thread Starter

This was something I had never done before and I quadruple checked every keystroke and mouse click, but I did it. And it worked!

Thanks StumpedTechy for the guidance - from both me and my end-user.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/823405

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice