1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Lost sata drive in boot sequence

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Mr. Newton, May 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Newton

Mr. Newton Thread Starter

First Name:
    Terry
    HI,I inadvertently removed my sata drive,secondary drive,with an IDE primary drive,I went into the BIOS and enabled my floppy drive which took the sata out of sequence and then disabled floppy drive to get the sata back but It is not in the options.
    When I boot up I see the message that primary drive found but secondary sata device not found.
    The drive works ok when I am using it and shows up everywhere it should except in the boot sequence.How can I get in back so I can boot with it.Just had a new mobo and CPU installed along with an extra HDD which was the sata and only had it home for a couple of days before I screwed it up.That didn't take long.
    My bad :(

2. Mr. Newton

Mr. Newton Thread Starter

First Name:
    Terry
    Bought new computer.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!