1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Lost the "Copy to CD" option??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by LauraMJ, Oct 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. LauraMJ

LauraMJ Administrator Thread Starter

I am running Windows XP Pro SP3. Always in the past, I've been able to go to any photo (lets say, in My Pictures) and highlight it, or a folder, and on the left under "picture tasks" there would be an option to "copy to CD." I've always used that. Today, I go to copy a picture folder to a CD, .......and that option is GONE. :eek:

Where did it go?? :confused:

I do have Nero on here, and I got the disk made that I needed, but I want to know what happened to my Windows XP option to "copy to CD?" :confused::confused:

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

3. LauraMJ

Yay!!! Thank you Thank You! :D :D

It was the setting in the DVD/CD-ROM properties > recording tab. That had become unchecked (I don't know how, I didn't uncheck it), but once I enabled that function again, my "copy to CD" is back! (y)

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Laura you should also check that the drive did not revert to PIO mode instead of using DMA. This sometimes just happens with xp or win2k. Go to device manager>IDE ATA/atapi controllers and open. Check the advanced settings for each of the controllers present. If all are dma, good. If one is using PIO, change it to dma and restart.

5. LauraMJ

All were set to: "DMA mode if available."

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/866267

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice