1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: LOTS of windows open when I start computer

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Nrbromert, Dec 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nrbromert

Nrbromert Thread Starter

A few days ago I removed a virus from my computer and after some work I thought I had restored the computer back to normal. Everything seems to be running fine but now everytime I start my computer there are about 20 windows that open up. Almost seems like it is a brand new computer. Some of them are windows programs that are starting i.e. fax/scan etc that have never opened before as well as about 15 windows that open folders that say: windows-startmenu-programs-startup-then a myriad of various HP, lightscribe, games etc. It appears it is openeing every file.

How do I keep them from opening like before? Any help would be much appreciated.

2. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

Go to start/all programs,right click the startup folder and click open.
    Everything in there runs at startup.
    Delete everything in there that you don't want to run at startup.
    See if that helps the problem any.

3. Nrbromert

Nrbromert Thread Starter

Thanks for the guidance. I opened the startup folder like you said but rather than right clicking and opening I hit all users and there they all were 27 files and programs that were opening on the start of my computer. Thank you so much.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!