1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Low Battery Life

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by daphne630, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daphne630

    daphne630 Thread Starter

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2011
    Messages:
    85
    Battery 10 min (40% remaining), 16 min (60%), it is weird. I'd say nothing if I had 15% but 40% and only 10 min, it's too little. All the time I just sit with this cord and never bring the laptop to the lessons, just because the battery life doesn't seem to last quite enough:(
    I definitely have problems with the battery, don't I?
     
  2. Ent

    Ent Trusted Advisor

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2009
    Messages:
    5,467
    First Name:
    Josiah
    I'm afraid that's probably just a natural degradation, everything wears out at some point and laptop batteries are no exception. Though they are rechargable, after a number of charge/discharge cycles they change chemically and start to lose their ability to hold charge.

    It may be possible to perform a process known as calibrating the battery to restore it to some extent, particularly if the problem is actually associated with the energy meter on the battery. However this only works for certain kinds of battery.

    The alternative is that you will have to buy a new battery for your laptop.
     
  3. daphne630

    daphne630 Thread Starter

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2011
    Messages:
    85
    Alright, I'll try to find some. The fact is that the laptop had to be used with the American plug. And I used an adapter or a different cord, maybe this also counted.
    I just wish the battery will be enough for at least next few months.
    Thanks.
     
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975656

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice