Solved: Lying box opening just to bug me

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

robbbb

Hello
When I open a page from my desktop by clicking a short cut a dialogue box opens whit a red X in it and it says "Windows cannot find ....................try again" but then the window I wanted opens up anyway and it works well after that opening new tabs with no problem.
I just want to stop the box from opening every time I open the first page.
thanks
Rob

Something program you uninstall not complete? You remove by self and might the start-up registry still there. Go to msconfig and unclick some unwanted program. That my answer. See how the Expert says...

robbbb

Well I was able to take out a few start up programs but most of them I din't know what they were. As far as the services list goes I don't know what to look for. Any tips on that?
thanks
Rob

the ONLY thing that should be in your msconfig startup list is your antivirus anti spyware etc. untick EVERYTHING else and reboot. however if there is some program that stops working (i doubt it , has never happened to me) just simply re- tick it. having many programs start up every time you start up is a waste of time and system resources.

robbbb

I did that and it's great not to have all those start up programs in there but the box keeps popping up.
thanks
Rob

i dont know if this would work, but try deleting a shortcut and creating a new one from the programs list

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online