1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: M4A78T-E + Phenom x6 1055t running slow

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by aoyiz, Sep 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. aoyiz

aoyiz Thread Starter

Hello there everyone, recently I bought a Phenon x6 1055t, a M4A78T-E and a 4gb DDr3 1333mhz corsair xms3 memory. I installed them with my old xfx 9800GT, 550w Corsair power supply and LG DVD IDE driver, plus my 2 SATA HDD (1 samsumg 1tb and 1 Western Digital 160gb).
    After much trouble I managed to get the system stable, I was having constant BSOD due to voltagem problems (it was accusing Memory_Management), using windows driver verifier I found out a problem with the ACPI driver, I updated it and the BSOD went away. I managed to update the BIOS and instaled ASUS CPU management tools, but now my system is very slow on certain aspects, mainly installing/unistalling and moving files. It took me more than 1 hour to get Maya installed, on my old system (a M2n-e SLI and an Athlon x2 5200+) it would take 15 minutes top. Running programs is also slower, they take longer to load. Can it be HDD problems? Or incompatibilities between the MB and the CPU/Memory?

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Did you install the chipset drivers ?

Check you have set the correct voltage for that Ram in the Bios.

I have the same Mboard btw.

3. aoyiz

aoyiz Thread Starter

Thanks! Trying to update the chipset actually led me to the solution, the windows driver verifier was still on and was blocking my attempts to update the chipset so I disabled the verifier and now my system is fast as usual =) I was also able to update the chipset and maya is now working like a charm. Thank you again!

4. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    You're welcome :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/950736

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice