1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: macbook stopped connecting to 1 pc on home network

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by jsml, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jsml

jsml Thread Starter

so i have a home network, including 2 desktop PCs and 1 macbook. when i first got the macbook, the network connections were AMAZINGLY easy as compared to the crap i went through to get the PCs to work. everything went great and i was able to access shared folders on my PCs from my macbook without any problems, even including external harddrives. then one day, the connections got lost and the macbook had problems finding the PCs. soon after, it would continue to see the PCs, but one of the PCs would never connect successfully. the 'connect as' option button would show up, although it would never again prompt for a username or password, and regardless of whether or not that was even needed, it would not connect again to this computer.

anybody have this happen before/have some ideas?

pcs are both running windows xp home and the macbook is on the newest os x, leopard.

many thanks in advance.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/649654

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice