1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Mail: Receive but not sending. Help!

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by robser, Dec 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. robser

robser Thread Starter

I am actually traveling abroad and have a problem to send mails through one of my accounts via the iSP of my location.
    I'll try to resume the facts:
    I use 2 mail accounts from different ISP
    At this locations I am on an internet connection by cable.
    I do receive mail correctly on both accounts
    I could not send mail by either accounts.
    Changed smtp port from my default 25 to 587: Result 1 account now sends ok, but
    Still no send on 2nd account.
    Account DETAILS:
    Domain located on DNS ns209xxx.ovh.net sdns2.ovs.net
    Send method: Normal smpt with open password.
    Error response at sending= first long "connecting"...... then time-out, both with ports 25 and 587
    Rest of configuration not changed as is works always when at home.
    While trying, I have:
    Disabled firewall on Local cable modemrouter.
    Disabled my pc AV and FW (Eset Smart Sec 5.2)

Btw: Ping to the mailserver is 100% ok

I am really troubled because i cannot see where the solution could be?
    My mail configuration is ok, because it always works at home.
    If changing the port from 25 to 587, works for 1 mail account, the local conection should be ok.
    Why shouldn't the port 587 work for my OVH domain mail account, as it does on the other one(NWsolutions domain)?

Please, could someone help! I need to answer mails through that account that's not working. Answering those mails through the other mail account is no option for me.
    Thanks!!

2. ozziebeanie

ozziebeanie

First Name:
    Serena
    Hi Robser

Have you temporary changed the outgoing server to the service of the location where you are, when I visit my friend I take my notebook with me and change (The out going server only) from my provider to theirs which is bigpond, so change it so mail.bigpond.com otherwise it won’t send but i get internet, are you still getting internet?

See if that helps, ask at where you are who the provider is.

3. robser

robser Thread Starter

Thanks so much!
    Rather silly I did not try that myself.
    It really does the job, because I am at a private home so I could ask the owner for his mail server!

However
    I still cannot figure out what the problem is as I posted with respect to the difference between my 2 different mail servers, but as long as I can now send, it's ok to me.

I will leave the message on board as Solved for any future use of other people.

4. ozziebeanie

ozziebeanie

First Name:
    Serena
    I had that problem once wondering why all of a sudden I had to do that, then remembered I used to have the same provider but not any longer, I also have an email that is not from my provider, so incoming on that one is not my provider.

Problem is with anything IT, it can be one of quite a few reasons as to why something is happening, just got to figure out which one and you can guarantee it’s not something you have come across before, or it’s the last thing you try, as much as I love computers, they can be very frustrating.

You say that you have to ask who the provider is, so we don’t know yet if changing the outgoing works, let me know.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082989

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice