1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Major Help with my Connection

Discussion in 'Games' started by RedSpades, Jan 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. RedSpades

RedSpades Thread Starter

MAJOR HELP!!! PLEASE!!!

Hi everyone.

I've been looking for help everywhere and I still didn't get an answer from anyone...

Well my problem is whenever I am trying to play Quake III Arena on my computer, the game is perfectly smooth and I get no lag whatsoever.
    But the problem starts in the Multiplayer.

When I join a server, everything is running smoothly. I get no lag because my connection is pretty good. All of a sudden, in like 5 minutes, I freeze for 5 seconds and end up in a different part of the map (like ten feet from where I was). Then the game works again... until another 5 minutes pass, and everything freezes again...

Someone please explain to me why my connection is not functioning well with Quake ? =\

2. RedSpades

RedSpades Thread Starter

I am sorry to be so impatient but 20 minutes just passed and I didn't receive ONE SINGLE view =[

I am in desperate need of assistance because I am not sure how to fix this problem and so do 4 other sites I registered to to get an answer! HELP ME, PLEASE!!

3. PCG342

PCG342 Banned

4. RedSpades

RedSpades Thread Starter

Haha nice comic. If only it helped me with my problem. ;)

5. GripS

GripS

Has it always been this way?

Are you able to alt-tab out of the game when this freeze happens?

System specs and has it been stable otherwise?

Are you able to check the ping rate by hitting the 'tab' key to check your score/ping?

6. RedSpades

RedSpades Thread Starter

When the 5-sec freeze occurs, I cannot do anything. On the bottom left corner, there is a box that shows the connection process and whenever the freeze occurs, this block of yellow appears from the right of the box and scrolls to the left side of the box and it works again (green line shows). Alt-Tab works when I am not freezing up.

Another problem is that if I just get used to it, in like about 30 minutes, the whole game freezes and my internet connection is stopped. (cannot use Internet Explorer; need to reset my modem).

7. GripS

GripS

OK. Sounds like a connectivity issue then. However it would also seem that you would have issues with other online games as well. Is that the case or is it just this game?

8. RedSpades

RedSpades Thread Starter

Just this game. =\

Well it really is my only multiplayer PC game on my computer.

Multiplayer games like Yahoo Pool, etc. works fine.

9. blaine2521

blaine2521

What are the system specs on your PC. Ive had problems with older games trying to play them on my newer PC. Similar to what your having. Try this and see if it works. go to start,control panel,sound and audio devices, audio, advanced, then hit your performance tab at the top. Slide your hardware acceleration all the way down to none then hit apply.

Thats worked for me worth a shot.......Good luck

10. RedSpades

RedSpades Thread Starter

Nope, this didnt work.
    It has to do with my connection.
    When I play single player mode, nothing lags. Everything is smooth. It is when I play online multiplayer that these tiny freezes happen =[

11. RedSpades

RedSpades Thread Starter

Still need help guys =[

12. RedSpades

RedSpades Thread Starter

^BUMP^

13. RedSpades

RedSpades Thread Starter

Last call for help... Please anyone...

14. PCG342

PCG342 Banned

Sorry, guy, but this is just weird. I can't say I've ever seen anything like this, dude. And I know lots of dudes who play Q3:A, some on crappy connections. Try contacting iD software, maybe some tech-support-guy there can help.

15. GripS

GripS

Pogo games are not a good comparison for connectivity issues. I would see if the same problem occurs in a quake 3 based game such as Wolfenstien Enemy Territory(Free stand alone game).

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/539498

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice