1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Major surge

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by timberchucker, May 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. timberchucker

timberchucker Thread Starter

My PC got zapped during a thunder storm last week. All I get is clicks when I power up. Does anyone know of a vendor who specializes in recovering a hard disc? I had most of the critical data backed up but there is some data I did not have backed up.

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    the harddrive may be OK - have you tried putting it into another PC ? or you can buy connectors that allow you to connect the harddrive to a USB

otherwise, there are tools that will try and recover files as follows (I do not have a recommendation for a recovery vendor, quite a few exist, where are you located ? )

3. timberchucker

I found a vendor who will attempt to recover. I didn't know the technology exists to do this. Appreciate your help.
    Thank you!

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    OK - I would make sure you fully understand the possible costs, all I have ever seen a very high costs to do this sort of recovery

5. timberchucker

Price is reasonable.

6. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    cool (y)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920395

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice