1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Make "all users" the default in Task Manager

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Valacapt, Aug 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Valacapt

Valacapt Thread Starter

Greetings:
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) Processor 2650e, AMD64 Family 15 Model 127 Stepping 2
    Processor Count: 1
    RAM: 3838 Mb
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics, 256 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 694104 MB, Free - 552195 MB; E: Total - 21257 MB, Free - 15124 MB; F: Total - 694104 MB, Free - 454832 MB;
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 03D1TV
    Antivirus: AVG Internet Security 2013, Uninstalled in favor of Microsoft Security Essentials

My XP machine's Task Manager comes up in the Processes window with "all users' processes" selected by default. I'd like to have the same thing in my W7 machine because on most occasions of using the Processes window I am in a hurry to find out what in heck is eating up all the CPU's attention. Is that possible and would you tell me how? Thanks

2. Mark1956

Mark1956

Processes for other user accounts cannot be running when you are logged into your own account, you cannot have two user accounts running at the same time. So, what you see in the Task Manager is exactly what is running, there is nothing hidden.

3. tech-win

tech-win

4. Mark1956

Mark1956

I stand corrected. There is actually a button in Task Manager on Windows 7 that shows processes by all users. The fix above certainly looks like it will solve your problem.

5. throoper

throoper Trusted Advisor

6. Valacapt

Valacapt Thread Starter

A most satisfactory one-two punch. First the shortcut idea and then the polish. Thank you both.

7. tech-win

tech-win

YW Valacapt.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!