1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Make Media Player Classic the default?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by matt.choules, Jan 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. matt.choules

matt.choules Thread Starter

I want to use Media Player Classic as my default player for all video format (as it the best i've found so far), but i can't seem to be able to make it the default.
    I've tried right clicking a file Open With... but when the program list appears (to choose the default program) MPC isnt there. I have then tried adding the program to the list by searching for it, but it doesnt add to the program list.

I have tried changing the associations by going to file types and changing it there, but i get the same problem.

Now, i know nothing about changing my registry, but this seems like the only option left... Am i wrong?

Matt.

2. opopanax

opopanax

did u try changing the associations from within MP Classic?? cleaning the registry is recommended though. Get this program for the job: Regcleaner.

3. matt.choules

have sorted the defaults set-up now... Can't believe i didn't think of changing it in MPC.
    anyway, thats that sorted.

oh, what is the publishing company of RegCleaner? i found 4 or 5 similar programs from different companies.

4. opopanax

opopanax

Regcleaner was published by Jouno Vuorio of Finland.

5. opopanax

opopanax

its freeware

6. matt.choules

sorted, thanks!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/317628