1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Making Music CDs

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by md2lgyk, Feb 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. md2lgyk

md2lgyk Thread Starter

First post in this part of the forum. If my post violates site rules, mods please delete it.

I have a large collection of music CDs. Typically, there are a few songs on any one of them that I really don't like. What I want to do is make my own CDs containing the songs of my choice. While generally computer savvy, I know nothing about audio stuff. How do I best do what I want to do?

2. ETech7

ETech7

You'll have to rip songs you like to your computer and then burn audio CD from them. You can use iTunes or Windows Media Player.

3. stantley

stantley

When you rip the songs from your CD's, rip them to .wav files for the best quality. After you burn your new CD's you could then convert the .wav files to Mp3 and keep them on your computer if you like.

You can use WMP or if you want something a little better try CDex.

What other CD/DVD burning software do you have? What version of Windows and WMP do you have?

4. md2lgyk

md2lgyk Thread Starter

Sorry, should've provided that information. I have Win 7 Home Premium 32 bit (recently upgraded from XP). WMP is, I think, version 12. Any burning software I have would be whatever came with Windows. I am familiar with Nero and some others but have not installed any of them on this machine, nor have I burned a CD since the upgrade.

I didn't know you could rip CDs with WMP. As I said, I'm not too knowledgeable about this audio stuff.

5. stantley

stantley

I would then just go with WMP to do both the ripping and the burning. If you have any problems burning the CD's there are some other free burning programs you could get.

Something else you could try is burning an Mp3 CD, because you can get many more Mp3 tracks on a CD compared to an audio CD. Most newer CD players will play Mp3 CD's, but you'd have to find out if the player you're going to use supports Mp3 CD's.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090046

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice