1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Managing contacts in gmail

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by livefortoday6491, Jul 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. livefortoday6491

livefortoday6491 Thread Starter

I wish to change the categories in my contacts in gmail but can edit everything except the categories. In case you are not clear I mean categories such as Friends, Family etc. Can anyone please help?

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Why can't you? You get an error? What error? In what browser?

3. livefortoday6491

I am using Firefox. There is not an error message at all. I just cannot see how to change the categories and I have look around the edit box but with no joy.

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

5. livefortoday6491

Thanks for your help. I can sort it out now. I used your Google link but under the heading "To edit the contacts group name" Line 3 says select "rename" but this command does not appear in the list. I will work round it thanks again.

6. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

You can't rename built-in groups. Create new ones, and add the contacts to them. You can add a contact to as many groups as you want.

7. livefortoday6491

Thanks again. T think I have worked that out now,It is easy when you know how!

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1060650