Solved: Manipulating names and locations of Outlook's PST and WAB files?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Alex Ethridge

I am trying out Outlook 2003 seriously for the first time.

All my programs allow me to easily install them on drive C and the user-created data in any other place of my choice (drive D). Example: All programs on my computer are installed on drive C while their associated user data is on drive D. This makes backing up all user-created data every two hours by automated process simple and very fast.

Outlook 2003 (not Express) is giving me a lot of trouble with this.

How do I teach Outlook 2003 to recognize a PST file, address book and any other related user files stored in a location different from where it wants to put it? Also, I would like to be able to rename them from Qutlook.PST to maybe Alex.PST and the address book accordingly.

cybertech

Retired Moderator
Outlook 2003 really isn't that different from the previous versions. Close Outlook and copy your pst and pab file to where you want them. Rename them also. Open Outlook and it will prompt you for the location(s). Just browse to your D drive and locate them.

Once everything is working you can delete the old copies of both. I suggest copy instead of move just in case something goes wrong. ;)

Alex Ethridge

Thanks, that seems to have worked. I was getting confuzzed because all the other operations I was doing (importing Eudora mail and addresses, having to import from Eudora to Outlook Express first and then to Outlook because Outlook would not import directly from Eudora, etc., etc., etc.) were causing interfering anomalies.

I just had too much going on at once.

Thanks again.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online