1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Mapped Network Drives Issue!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Frenz, Apr 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frenz

Frenz Thread Starter

I have some wireless Netbooks running XP, that are occasionally not picking up all the mapped network drives that the logon script depicts. The most common being the users save drive.

The logon script works fine upon ethernet between all other computers, so the issue maybe related to the WIRELESS network.

oNet.MapNetworkDrive "driveletter:", "\\servername\drivename" is the command from the logon script.

Side notes-
    *Sometimes the drive is there, but nothing inside.
    *Had some trouble on our new Win7 computers originally, although no longer. I believe it was a different problem.
    *All profiles/user folders have been given full access for the purpose of seeing if it a security issue, has not made a difference.

Any common faults that could be causing this issue?

cheers,
    Frenz

2. Frenz

Frenz Thread Starter

bump!

3. Frenz

Frenz Thread Starter

Nvm, believe i have fixed it or atleast am on the right path.

Basically windowsxp does not start the wireless fast enough and when users were logging on it was giving them cached data.

To fix this i changed a few settings in group policy, turned off fast logon.

~Frenz

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/989791

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice