1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: marion

Discussion in 'Networking' started by maz12, Jan 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. maz12

maz12 Thread Starter

Have HP laptop which was working fine but suddenly I cannot enable wifi button. Will not turn blue when I press it. Have gone into control panel then mobile settings which shows wifi disabled but will not let me enable it. Any help much appreciated.

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    Exact model of the laptop -
    goto device manager and right click on the adapter and try updating the driver
    if that does not work
    try a recovery to when it was working
    start>programs>accessories>system tools>system recovery > choose date before issue

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    {Device Manager}
    Post back the results in device manager
    If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
    Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
    windows 7
    start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > right cick on the wireless adapter and update driver

3. maz12

maz12 Thread Starter

Thank you for replying. I have an HP G60 running windows vista. I am loath to report I do not know what is, or where to find Device Manager!!!! I have tried to go into system and Security, which come under 2 seperate headings and cannot seem to find anything. I am in the process of doing system restore which I can only go back to November 2010 as my sytem stopped working due to a virus and I had to send my laptop to be repaired in November. Problem stems from around that date. Will let you know what happens after system restore but if you could explain how to find Device Manager it would be much appreciated. Many thanks Marion

4. maz12

maz12 Thread Starter

Thank you, system restore worked. I bow to your tech godness! Many thanks Marion

5. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    your welcome (y) thanks for letting us know
    You can mark your own threads solved using the [​IMG] button at the top of the page of the thread in the upper left corner. :)

6. maz12

maz12 Thread Starter

Me again !!! Opened up laptop today and same problem there again. Did system restore and still no joy. Any suggestions please.

7. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
  8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976878

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice