1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Max Network Packet Driver Failed to Start

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by dewprecious, Apr 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dewprecious

dewprecious Thread Starter

Searching the site found no results for me with reference to my titled issue. Several years old desktop with an intel DG33FB mobo, Dual Core 2.53 P4 Wolfdale CPU, 8192MB DDR2 RAM and XP SP3 OS. Wireless connect via Linkys WUSB600N to Linksys router. Local area connection disabled. No internal dust buildup. File System kept "clean" with CCleaner, McAfee AV, Max Registry Cleaner, Max Spyware Detector, Adaware, and Malware bytes, on a regular basis. Hard drive not in need of defragmenting. Computer resides in an air conditioned environment away from any high energy equipment. 3 recent issues that have been occurring for the past 3 months that are not absolutely critical, but extremely annoying. 1. Boot up is slow. Seems to pause several times for up to 2 minutes before completing the boot. Then runs normally. 2. When a CD/BD drive is opened, internet connectivity is lost for a few seconds until reacquired after notifications. 3. When running a processor intensive program, unattended, for several hours, I find that the computer has rebooted itself prior to my return. I have checked for loose connections, reset the RAM modules, ran memory and hard drive tests, all OK. Heat sinks in place and all fans operational. CPU cooling fan is set for "agressive" in BIOS. Looking at the event log I find a suspicious series of errors occurring more often than I think it should. I can think of no way better than to attach a series of jpegs to depict this series of errors for your perusal. Please bear with me, as while I am not a complete novice, I am by no means an expert. Jpeg #1 is a screen print of the latest event log. I am concentrating on the last 11 entries, starting from the bottom and working up. The accompanying jpegs are screen prints of the explanation of the associated error events counting from the bottom of jpeg #1's list. Error enry #11 from the bottom, and the following consecutive 47 error entries on the log are all the same, namely the title of this thread, "Max Network Packet Driver Failed to Start due to the following error. The system cannot find the file specified". Then the service is started. Please take a look, and see if you can determine what could be wrong with my system. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. dewprecious

dewprecious Thread Starter

Took a lot of effort on my own, but able to copy a file in the Windows program files, Maxnpf.sys, to the Windows/system32 file. Seems to be working.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/916648

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice