Solved: Maxtor Hard Drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
Hi,

When you tested the jumper settings, did you try to boot without the jumper on the drive at all?

The hard drive you bought is probably blank, and requires an OS to be installed. Try putting a CD in the drive and set your BIOS to boot from the CD first.

Squashman

Retired Trusted Advisor
And I believe you will run into an 8gb limitation for an older computer like that. I had a G6 way back when and I believe I that was the case.

Squashman

Retired Trusted Advisor
Why did you remove your question and mark it solved. That certianly doesn't help anyone who searches for an answer to a similar problem.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online