Solved: McAfee Firewall shutoff + installing AVG Internet Security 2013

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

KMInfinity

Hi~

I was not real happy with McAfee Security Center, especially after I lost internet connectivity thanks to their screwup last year, so when my subscription runs out this month I intend to install AVG Internet Security 2013.

In the meantime, suddenly McAfee Firewall keeps shutting off.

1. Should I just go ahead and uninstall McAfee now and install the AVG?

or

2. Is the McAfee Firewall issue a symptom of other problems I should address before installing the AVG?

Thanks in advance for the help. A donation coming your way.

KM

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5800 @ 2.00GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 4093 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS, 128 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 300540 MB, Free - 223293 MB; D: Total - 2047 MB, Free - 982 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0D500F
Antivirus: McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware, Updated and Enabled

KMInfinity

Thanks for the advice. I already purchased the AVG through school for a big discount. Any reason I should NOT install it?

And once McAfee is gone everything is good to go?

Phantom010

Trusted Advisor
Well, if you have already purchased AVG, you might as well use it. However, do stay away from the AVG PCTuneUp feature. It messes with the registry, like other registry cleaners. AVG is just not what it used to be.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online