1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: McAfee Internet Security 2013 - intermittent warning

Discussion in 'General Security' started by exceller, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. exceller

exceller Thread Starter

My Laptop with Win 8 64bit upgraded from Win 7 64bit.

Since the upgrade to Win 8 and the pre-installed Norton's expired and installed the McAfee Internet Security 2013 purchased as a package with the Laptop and its all Activated.

Intermittently a warning keeps coming up telling me my 'Computer is at Risk', and telling me to update. Although the settings are at default with Automatic updates etc. If I update manually it then tells me its all protected and I do this everytime it pops up.

Its a pain in the butt. Any clues???

2. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
  3. exceller

exceller Thread Starter

OK Thanks

Ran the removal tool to be sure of all the removal.

But the problem is still there. It appears its an Internet connection problem, each time the pop-up comes up it tell me to update. Yet if I do a manual update, its all secure again till the next update is due in a few hours time.

And yet its set to auto-update while Windows starting and while its running.

Thanks

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

Re-install Mcafee.

5. exceller

exceller Thread Starter

OK, un-installed McAfee using removal tool.

Whether I go back to my account @ mcafee and log-in to re-download or from my CD and download.

I get a pop-up message saying its encountered a problem to ensure my Java is OK.

Re-installed latest version for both the 32bit and 64bit as my laptop is a 64bit.

And still the error pops up.

I have tried to download from account via Chrome (default) and Explorer 10, and still the same results.

Help...

6. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
  7. exceller

exceller Thread Starter

Yep. I got congrats 'I have Java'.

I ran regedit and searched for mcafee and removed all. Still no loading because of JavaScript problem.

Turned off all Windows Defender virus/firewall. As above problem with JavaScript, no loading.

Re-installed Java and retested. Still have 'I have Java'. As above problem with JavaScript, no loading.

No matter as before whether I load from My Account at McAfee via Chrome or IE 10 even from the CD. It pops up about the JavaScript and asks for itself to fix the problem. Only to have the same pop-up again.

thanks

8. lunarlander

lunarlander

Check your Chrome for Javascript settings. Javascript is not the same as Java.

9. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
  10. exceller

exceller Thread Starter

Yep. Javascript already enabled.

If of any help the popup tells me to here for help: "http://us.mcafee.com/root/campaign.asp?cid=62492

But I dont see any..

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!