Solved: ME Recovery Floppy for Packard Bell

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

philtivvy

A couple of years back I discovered the Recovery floppy supplied with my old computer did not work.
I contacted the helpline who talked me through creating a new disk from the files on my computer, which I carefully labelled with the location of the copied files.
My dog decided the floppy would make a good toy and has eaten most of it and all I can read on the label is C:, drivers, a few capital letters and DOSSFLOP.
Can anyone tell me the path to this file?
This disk is NOT the same as the one you can create as a startup disk, It creates a ramdrive and loads various tools like the normal Windows disk BUT ALSO identifies the Packard Bell signature on the computer and enables the OEM CDs to run.
Help would be appreciated
phil

philtivvy

I think this problem has been solved, I have been told how to do it although I have not yet tried.
This is not likely to be a topic of wide interest so if anyone has the same problem please e-mail me at philtivvy@tiscali.co.uk and I will reply.
If I am wrong and there is interest I will post it here.
phil

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online