1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Media 11 file error

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by 1951dodge, Jan 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 1951dodge

1951dodge Thread Starter

I am having a problem with Media 11 - I ripped a disc to the library and it subsequently changed to another "Album" not the one I actually downloaded. I have the CD but I cannot correct the information shown. The song names are from another album I don't own or ever downloaded yet the music is the right one from the CD I ripped to Media 11?
    How do I correct this? I have tried rewriting over the music in the library but the ablum comes up with the wrong songs listed? It doesn't even record the album information correctly such as author, artist etc.
    Can I fix this? I still have the original CD?

2. stantley

stantley

Select all the tracks on the album, right-click > Advanced Tag Editor. Put in the correct album and artist names for all the tracks in one step.

Then select all the tracks again, right-click > Find album information and choose the correct album. That should fill in the song names and some other data.

3. 1951dodge

1951dodge Thread Starter

I am sorry - I tried to find advance tags?
    Where is it located. I put the disc into the cd rom and the files come up with the wrong name and album. I can not find where to change them? I tried with the cd view files but I can not change them there either. I need more instruction as to how to go about it.
    Thanks for your reply.
    Don

4. stantley

stantley

Select the tracks in the WMP library. Take the CD out of the drive for now.

5. 1951dodge

1951dodge Thread Starter

There is something drasticaly going wrong here - now I have other files that are coming up in duplicate and taking over other albums - I already did a virus scan and a registry scan - it appears all my albums are being scrambled.
    But beside thatpoint I can not find the advance tag file you were talking about - and I have no idea when I am in the Windows Media library how to right click on a file and find advanced - it doesn't work? It tries to copy the file or move it? Can you provied step by step instructions so I can at least follow what is going on. Thank you in advance.
    Don

6. stantley

stantley

7. 1951dodge

1951dodge Thread Starter

Stantley - thanks for the info. I can at least now follow the instructions and see what happens. I will keep you posted and thanks again for you help.
    Don

8. 1951dodge

1951dodge Thread Starter

Stantley - thanks for the step by step, I really appreciate that. I will now muddle through and see if I can not correct the mess my Library is now in.
    I can not fathom how one corrupt file? or update can now start infecting several others. All my icons and music are changing before my eyes but I will proceed with the steps you sent me. Thanks again, Don L:)

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976667

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice