1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Media Center will not save schedule data

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by unclewoody, Apr 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unclewoody

unclewoody Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5850 @ 2.16GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 4095 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9300M GS, 256 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 464802 MB, Free - 299550 MB; D: Total - 12135 MB, Free - 1619 MB;
    Motherboard: PEGATRON CORPORATION., EVE
    Antivirus: PC Cleaner Pro, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Disabled

I have an HP IQ506 Touchsmart desktop, with integral TV.
    I recently did a system recovery to Vista and upgraded to Win7.
    I have been trying to schedule future TV recordings in Media center, but after I enter the data and go to 'view scheduled', it says nothing is scheduled.
    The ehRecvr, ehSched, and WMPNetworkSVC services are all started.
    I have about 58 hours of TV recording time open, so it is not a space problem.
    The Device Manager shows my tuner is working properly; in fact, I can watch live TV.
    Just cannot schedule future recordings.
    Are there any other services I should check?
    By the way, it was fine prior to the recovery.
    Thanks,
    Woody

2. unclewoody

Keep smiling, things could be worse!
    So, I kept smiling and, sure enough, things got worse!

In my various efforts to correct the original problem, I have now lost the ability to open MC with my remote. The computer gets the signal, as noted by the light flashing, but regardless of which button I push, MC will not start. I can open it from All Programs and select options with my keyboard, but still nothing from the remote.

I switched the three services from Auto to manual and started all three.

I did a system restore to a couple of days ago, when the remote was opening the program, but it still does not.

I also found out that I not only could not schedule recording, I had been unable to record live.

I have even lost access to several channels, and cannot see how to do a complete channel scan.

I contacted Microsoft, and they want $99 to TRY to correct my problem, with no guarantees.

I hope someone reading this has some ideas, but I shall continue to search for solutions.

3. unclewoody

Not really solved, but I decided to reinstall win7, and now the device driver doesn't even list the TV tuner.
    So, I have given up on this one, and am contemplating an HDHomerun tuner.
    Thanks for looking in, though.
    Woody

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1123644

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice