1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Memorex CD-R won't burn

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by barjo4, Nov 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. barjo4

barjo4 Thread Starter

I bought a stack of Memorex CD-R media and I quickly discovered that on our HP Pavilion a1410y, these will not burn an mp3, no matter what program I use. If I switch to a Staples brand CD-R, it burns normally. I tried the Memorex CD-R blanks in two other desk tops,another HP in W7, and the Dell in W XP and they burned normally.
    Thanks, John

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Try burning the Memorex CDs at a slower speed.

3. barjo4

barjo4 Thread Starter

Thanks. I went and tried that, lowering the speed to 24X then 16X and no luck. I tried burning this as a data disc and still no luck.

4. Phantom010

16X might still be too fast. Try it at very low speed, like 8X or 4X.

5. barjo4

barjo4 Thread Starter

I tried that and it worked! I am not understanding why two other PC's don't have this issue. If I replaced the cd/dvd burner would that allow me to burn at the higher speeds?
    Thanks, John

6. Phantom010

It's hard to tell but replacing the burner with one similar to the ones on your other PCs should be able to let you burn at higher speeds. There may be a compatibility issue between that burner and the Memorex CDs.

7. barjo4

barjo4 Thread Starter

I bought an Asus IDE cd/dvd drive and installed it in the extra drive tray and it burned a memorex CD at 48X speed. I didn't really need to, but the price was right.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028951

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice