1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: memorex scanner 48U

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tomjo, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tomjo

tomjo Thread Starter

I have an older memorex 48 U scanner. Recently I am getting the error message "failed to log on MAPI " when I try to use the e-mail button using the scan-panel. I have uninstalled and reinstalled which did not help. The copy portion of the scanner still works. I appreciate any advise you can give. Thank you tomjo

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi and welcome. Did you change any of your email settings? Are you still trying to scan to the same email program?

3. tomjo

tomjo Thread Starter

Thank you for your quick response. :) I recently updated my MSN and that somehow changed my default e-mail. My scanner only supports Outlook Express. By making this my default e-mail my problem was solved. Thanks Tomjo

4. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

You're welcome....and yes, that would do it :D

You can mark the thread solved using the THREAD TOOLS drop down menu.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!