Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: memory card

2K views 24 replies 3 participants last post by  Triple6 
#1 ·
i have 2 ddr sd-ram 256 MB pc 3200 400 mgh memory card but my computer reads only one,i checked both dimms and they both work but when i put 2 memory card it reads only one
i opened PC Wizard and he showed me that i have 512 MB of ram but my computer reads only one - 256MB.
why is that?both the memory cards are ther say with the specifics above,why it doesn't read them both?

#5 ·
yes the bios defenitly shows only 256 MB i tried both slot to see if there's an error in one of them but both are working ,my motherboard: Gigabyte GA-8S661FXMP-RZ.
i also tried different settings of the card switching them and using the same cards but nothing helps.

#16 ·
This also could be caused if the memory is not paired correctly or the memory is not seated properly.

Most newer motherboards dimm banks are colour coded, If the dimm's banks are not colour coded, try installing the first 256 MB stick in dimm 1 and the second stick in dimm 3.

#18 ·
If you loaded the Optimized settings and its no longer giving you an error then thats good.

As for the memory, its either a compatibility issue with the memory or a fault in the motherboard. If you could get your hands another stick, perhaps even a 512MB or 1GB stick to try that would show where the issue lies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.