1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

{SOLVED} memory parity error

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nstheza, Apr 27, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nstheza

nstheza Thread Starter

I have built my own computer, briefly:
    Pentium450
    ASUS motherboard
    256mb 168 pin 100mhz dimms
    CD,13g harddrive, modem, sound, video(rage)
    Computer went together well, runs well except when I start MSPublisher I get a blue screen: System Halt, memory parity error. The memory counts ok at the start, everything else works. I need the MSPub program. Any clue (before I take stuff back)

2. LarryCore

LarryCore

3. nstheza

nstheza Thread Starter

ran the program, no errors reported, but did not test the parity or at least it did not indicate this. Could this be an error with virtual memory, a software error, wait states (which I did change with no result).
    I have even tried each memory card alone in each slot booting each time with the same system halt starting MSPublisher. Could it be a motherboard problem?

4. angel

angel

5. nstheza

nstheza Thread Starter

It worked. It was the out of date ATI rage 128 XPERT 128 driver. Went to ATI, downloaded the new driver (which required DirectX 7.0 from Microsoft). Got DirectX 7.0a from Microsoft. Loaded DirectX7.0a and then the new ATI driver. Works like a charm. Thanks alot.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/32864

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice