1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Memory question DDR2 *not a comparing question*

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Cpuboye11, Dec 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Cpuboye11

Cpuboye11 Thread Starter

Hello.

I have a MSI K9A2 CF V2.

It supports Up DDR2 1066 and up to 8GB.

I have 2 2GB sticks right now which I will be moving to another computer. I wish to buy 2 sets of 2 2GB 10666. The board support 4 sticks of ram. If I buy 2 separate of the same memory will I have an issue meaning 4 total sticks of the same ram. Meaning will the sticks do there little duel channel thing??

Thanks,
    Kyle

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

They will not run 1066 spd. As for dual channel, yes that should work fine.

3. Cpuboye11

Cpuboye11 Thread Starter

Thank you for your reply. Why would two groups of the same memory work in duel channel but not 1066?

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

It is a function of the am2+ cpu. The memory controller is only capable of running 2 chips @1066. With 4 it downclocks to 800. You can however overclock the fsb and regain some memory speed along with increased cpu speed as well.

5. Cpuboye11

Cpuboye11 Thread Starter

Oh. I see. Thank you very much!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/887323

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice