Solved: Memory upgrade, Timing difference issue?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Littleslugger

Hello,

Im new here and consider myself reasonably knowledgeable about pc hardware. Hope things wont get too complicated.

Yesterday I've upgraded my memory from 8 to 16 gb. I know that timings are important when adding memory to an existing module, the same goes for voltage. But when I checked my specs after installing it, I noticed different JDEC clock speeds available to the new module. However the 800mhz speeds show the exact same timings

The question is: Will this cause problems?

Added image:Specs1.jpg

Oddba11

Jim
Regardless of what is available, the system will only use speeds in common to all installed sticks.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts