1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Memory Upgrade

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gazbag, Sep 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gazbag

gazbag Thread Starter

with help from some very helpfull people on this site i have purchased myself some more memory. but i dont know what is involved in fitting it. is it just a case of turning off my pc and plugging the memory into the spare slot and turn back on, or not. many thanks gary

2. Sponsor

3. bonk

bonk Banned

Yep that about all you do....the most important thing is getting the right memory for your PC.

4. Dick1038

Dick1038

Buy your memory from outfits that guarantee their memory cards will work in you computer. Find website that let you type in your compuer's make and model. I've used Memory Giant successfully in the past. Do some Googling for others.

Also, the memory card must be properly seated in its slot. Check the computer's manual for details.

5. Old Rich

Old Rich

You might take a look at this to build your confidence

6. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

7. gazbag

gazbag Thread Starter

Thank all ok

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/402577