1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Men of Valor Patch Won't download

Discussion in 'Games' started by MaryBeth, Jan 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MaryBeth

MaryBeth Thread Starter

can anyone help me with this one? i downloaded men of valor with no problem, then when we go to play it a box comes up saying to download a patch. it does not say which patch. so then when i go to download a patch it says old file not found. however a file of the same name was found. no update done since file contents do not match! arggg! can anyone tell me what to do?

2. McTimson

McTimson

The latest patch can be found here.

I'm assuming that by 'downloaded men of valor', you meant installed, because if you downloaded the whole game from the internet, you won't be able to get the patch to work, as it's illegal. But it sounds like you just meant 'installed mean of valor'.

3. MaryBeth

MaryBeth Thread Starter

i installed off the cd i bought. the trouble is that when i go to download that patch you got there the box comes up saying "old file not found. however, a file of the same name was found. no update done since file contents do not match!" it is frustrating because it won't let us play without the patch, but will not download it! i thought maybe if i delete it out and download it again, maybe that might help? what do you think?

4. MaryBeth

MaryBeth Thread Starter

just as an after thought, you couldn't steal it off the net anyway. it's got a code you have to have... so you wouldn't have it unless you purchased it. just thought i'd tell you that. so you got any ideas what's wrong with it? you think reloading it would fix that?

5. McTimson

McTimson

Try reinstalling it first, and then applying the patch.

And the code is nothing, there are always cracked versions of games available that don't need a code, or there are key generators that make fake codes that work. Usually you won't be able to play the game online, but that doesn't matter to the pirates...

6. MaryBeth

MaryBeth Thread Starter

haha okay, i'm not smart enough to be a pirate. won't have time to work on it today, but i will get around to it tomorrow evening. i'll let you know. thanks for the advise!

7. MaryBeth

MaryBeth Thread Starter

i have been going back and forth with the makers giving me enough instructions to confuse a tech support guy! they are telling me the game doesn't know where the file is! how can this be? i didn't tell it where to put it, i installed it just normal. i want to know how i can just reinstall it. do you know how? they are telling me to uninstall it and go thru all this junk. i got call of duty on there too. if i uninstall men of valor, i know it will take out things i need to run call of duty! ahhhhhhhhhhh what a nitemare this is. i turned everything off except my fire wall. you think that could have been what tripped me up? if i can find out how to reinstall it, i could shut the firewall down too and maybe it would be okay? what do you think?

8. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Try uninstalling it, and when asked about removing shared items, say no.

Then reinstall it.

9. MaryBeth

MaryBeth Thread Starter

:p thanks candy! came to my rescue again! lol ok, that is what i will do. just got home now from church then went looked at another vehical for my son... got to leave in another hour for church again, so tomorrow evening i'll do that. i hope it goes smooth this time! thanks again :D

10. MaryBeth

MaryBeth Thread Starter

ok, thanks for the help but i am throwing in the towel! i have ran the repair and that helped a little, but other problems came up, then i uninstalled and reinstalled and still cannot work the fool thing! i got it to take the updates at least. most of the time it will say connection has been lost and shut down! i don't know. ok, thanks for your help! mb

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/324768

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice