1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: merge many photo files in many folders into one folder

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by RyanC321, Dec 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. RyanC321

RyanC321 Thread Starter

I'm looking for a free program which will let me pick about 80 folders with photos with unique names in them and with some sub-folders with photos with unique names in them and then copy all the photo files from the 80 photo folders and sub-folders into one folder.

I"ve already renamed 3,000 photos to unique names. I just want to avoid having to manually copy and paste photos from every folder into one folder.

2. RyanC321

RyanC321 Thread Starter

Well, I just renamed 3,000 photos contained in over 80 folders/sub folders so that the photo file names are unique so I can put them on a DVD and watch them on the TV. If they are in folders, then they will not play unless I select the folder on the DVD player. If all the files are on the DVD without being in folders, then they all will play consequtively.

3. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

If all the sub(sub) folders containing pictures are in one folder ....
    Do a windows search for ... *.jpg in the top folder ... (for example) ...
    Then from the search results ... Select all (CRTL+A) .. Copy (CRTL+C) ..
    Then paste (CRTL+V) to the new folder.

I hope all the renames are unique file names ... or they will be overwritten.

4. RyanC321

RyanC321 Thread Starter

That's a great answer. thanks.

5. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

Be sure to check the search count ... Then the new folder tally .. to see if you got them all.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/524008