Solved: Merging form fields in Word 2000

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cristobal03

I don't know if this is possible.

I do know it isn't possible to insert a form field into a field code.

The functionality I'm trying to achieve is something like this:

{ SET _Check1 { FORMCHECKBOX } }

Then, further down the document:

{ REF _Check1 { FORMCHECKBOX } }

In other words, I want to use bookmarks with form fields. Can it be done?

chris.

cristobal03

[bump]

I've discovered how to set bookmarks for text form fields (and I suppose dropdown form fields) using the object's Bookmark property. Checkbox form fields also have a bookmark property, but referencing it doesn't seem to accomplish anything. I think I could do it with VBA using the FormFields collection.

Any other easier ideas?

chris.

cristobal03

[bump 2]

Dang it, you can't pass parameters to the macros you set in a checkbox's Properties window. That's so dumb.

Anyway.

chris.

cristobal03

[bump 4]

My last bump. No one has any thoughts on this?

As an alternative, is there any way to REF a form field's bookmark in the same document so that the REF field automatically updates? I don't know if that makes sense; I mean, can you create a REF field that doesn't require an update fields command to populate?

chris.

cristobal03

I found a Microsoft Knowlege Base article with the answer, and it works in a dummy document I mocked up not the critical document I'm trying to fix. Here's the article; the form field object's Calculate on exit property provides the update functionality for REF fields. I'll keep chipping at the other.

chris.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online