1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: mic not working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sweetcheekies, Aug 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sweetcheekies

sweetcheekies Thread Starter

I have been helping a friend that has sigmatel audio on my dell computer. running windows xp. They have been trying to get the mic working. I have tried to help set it up but I can't seem to find anything for the mic. there is no box to check in volume properties so that the mic volume ( boost etc) are accesible. I have read that there was something that needed to be done in registry .. I tried that and I found nothing of what they were looking for. here is what I had found and tried but with no luck finding it

1. Go to Start menu and click on Run. Type 'regedit' without quotes and click OK to open the Registry.
    2. At the top of the list, highlight My Computer.
    3. Under the Edit menu, select Find.
    4. Type in 'DisableMicFromPlayback' without quotes and click 'find next'.
    5. Highlight DisableMicFromPlayback. Right click on it and select Modify.
    6. Highlight 01 and change to 00. Click OK.
    7. Optional (but 8600 users should do this) find "EnablePoPBypass" and set the value to 00.
    8. Optional (but 600 & 6000 should do this) find "DisableMicSelect" and set the value to 00.
    9. Exit the Registry and restart the computer.

I didnt find anything like that on the computer. Any other ideas on what I can look for or how I can get mic to work on the computer. if you need more information please ask .

Thanks
    SweetC

2. Sponsor

3. sweetcheekies

ok he has the mic working now but its really really low ... hardly hear him.. where can i turn up the volume?

4. sweetcheekies

ok figured it out.. it had to do with recording playback not the usual.

5. CommodoreSS

CommodoreSS

How did you find the fix i have the same problem It will recognise itself as Sigmatel High Defitnition Audio Codec
    Microphone (inbuilt) is not recognised
    Cannot Use speech recognition error:no microphone detected
    blah blah blah big headache
    so what was the fix
    By the way im using Vista Business 32bit

6. sweetcheekies

all we did was play around in the recording playback. we set it up or should I say reset it up. then it worked.. I don't know exactly .. lol sorry i think it was just luck to be honest

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/615595