1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Microphone help please!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by splagl, Mar 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. splagl

splagl Thread Starter

I bought a Cyber Acoustics headset and microphone and the 1st one worked fine. Suddenly it stopped working and i couldn't figure out why and thought it was a problem with it. I then bought another and the same problem happened as soon as i plugged it in. the problem is that the microphone doesn't detect voice and when i do a microphone test even when i scream into it it doesn't work. I then went into the SoundMAX control panel and it says that the microphone sound is full as if someone is screaming into it. This is very weird and frustrating. Please Help me.
    Thanks

2. splagl

splagl Thread Starter

Anyone?

3. jackdw

jackdw

Have you tried it in another computer?

4. splagl

splagl Thread Starter

Ok I tried it on another computer and it works fine. Does anyone know what is wrong? I a ASUS m2m-e motherboard and soundmax as my driver and program to configure things. Please help me. Thanks

5. jackdw

jackdw

Are you plugging it into a front panel connector or the back microphone connector? With the last computer I had with Soundmax sound, you had to enable the front connector manually.

6. Rich-M

Rich-M

Double check the dumb things like the mic is checked in Recording Properties and there is no mute on etc....

7. splagl

splagl Thread Starter

I got it working I followed a guide which led me to the right direction. What was wrong was that it wasn't set as the recording device and something else but I got it working.
    Thanks

8. Rich-M

Rich-M

Great why not mark this "solved" in "thread tools" up top!

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/697687

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice