1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Microsoft Flight Sim 2004

Discussion in 'Games' started by SBruce, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SBruce

SBruce Thread Starter

I would like to move this program from my regular hard drive "C" to a new larger hard drive "F". The reason for this is that drive "C" is getting full and starting to run slow. I have moved what I can already but now I would like to move this program. Can it be done without uninstalling it, as I have mega scenery and aircraft add-ons plus Ultimate Terrain upgrades. Can I copy & paste it to the drive "F" then remove the program from drive "C" using the ADD-REMOVE facility?
    Bruce

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

That probably won't work. There are certainly registry references to the program, and there could be references inside program files as well.

3. SBruce

SBruce Thread Starter

Thanks D/H for the info. I am still trying to find the best solution (if there is one)that may come up. I will give this item a little more time to see if there are any further methods out there without completely removing and reinstalling it then trying to --I can't even think of the correct phrase to explain what would be entailed to re-add all the changes to scenery and textures etc not including all the new aircraft that I have added.
    Bruce

4. SBruce

SBruce Thread Starter

I am marking this item as SOLVED as I cannot do what I want without damaging the program. Thanks D/H for your time and advice.
    Bruce

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914566

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice