1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Microsoft hotmail account Scam

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by oldjunk, Jul 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. oldjunk

oldjunk Thread Starter

First Name:
    Mike
    You're probably familiar wih this scam. It wants a code number entered, a new password set and won't let me into my account. The scam software itself, malfunctions. Anyway, I can't access my hotmail. How do I fix this.

The TSG SysInfo isn't functioning either.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    If you can't access your Hotmail, try "Can't access your account?" and/or "Sign in with a single-use code." Both of these links appear just below the "Sign in" button on the Microsoft account login page.

Can you give some details about your problem with TSG SysInfo?

I have no idea what scam you are talking about. Was it an email message that you "fell for" (clicked on some link)? Is it at all related to your other two concerns?

3. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
  4. oldjunk

oldjunk Thread Starter

First Name:
    Mike
    Google "Microsoft account team scam". It's apparently been out there for several years. I'll try the 2 options you mention, but the hotmail site appears to have been completely corrupted. They've sent 4 number codes that don't function. It wants me to reset my password, but won't let me.

The TSG SysInfo won't transfer to the page. I've used this before so am familiar with its operation.

I'm on a different machine now, but will try again with the troubled one.

5. hewee

hewee

Do not think it's a scam.

Look close and it has a link or place to check there or once you login and that may be to click to get email from Hotmail if you gave Hotmail another email address. They will sent a code to that address. Then you can I think go to setting so you can change it so you only login with password and not password and code.

Sorry I did away with the code part long ago,

Read this here.
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/account-security-password-information

6. oldjunk

oldjunk Thread Starter

First Name:
    Mike
    None of the codes work. It keeps bringing me back to get another code on another email provider I have. I go through the process again, and it repeats itself. The site returns my replys unanswered and there is no valid info in their email source box. It won't let me set a new password. Google "Microsoft account team scam" and you'll see what I'm talking about.

In their code email reply under Properties, everything listed is either "Not Available" or "Not Encrypted". Under Certificates: "This type of document does not have a security certificate." In Original Source I see words like "sbox, ToolSpam, spamandtrash".

7. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    So, are you saying that you were victimized by the scam? Are you still "working" with it?

Can you get into your Hotmail account, either by a straight forward login or as plodr or I posted?

8. oldjunk

oldjunk Thread Starter

First Name:
    Mike
    No, Terry...I'm not in yet. Read my former post.

9. hewee

hewee

I know something I was not seeing right I did because I got 3 or 4 codes two of the times I went thru this and the last time I changed the setting so I do not have to do this anymore.

Wish I could show you but here is a thread where I posted steps I guess before I changed my setting.

http://forums.techguy.org/web-email/1105087-hotmail-security-code.html

10. oldjunk

oldjunk Thread Starter

First Name:
    Mike
    But, frankly I don't know how. One of the craziest malfunctional computer procedures I've ever encountered. No wonder people hate Microsoft.

11. hewee

hewee

Good to here.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1129023

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice