1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Microsoft Life Cam Cinema

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nerd_in_trainin, Jun 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nerd_in_trainin

nerd_in_trainin Thread Starter

Ok. Heres the problem. My webcam is recognized in the computer. However when I go into the lifecam software and try to record video, a dialogue pops up that says "Lifecam Could not record your photo, audio clip, or video clip. see troubleshooting and product support in lifecam help for more information" When I went to see that all it said was to set the permissions to full allowance. When I checked they were already set to full permission.

Also Skype wont show my video. In the options it shows the video, but when I start a video call, my friends can't see my video.

XION Solaris Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

ASUS P5N-D LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 750i SLI ATX

G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory

COOLMAX CUG-700B 700W ATX12V v2.2 / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready Modular Active PFC Power Supply

EVGA 256-P2-N751-TR GeForce 8600 GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 SLI Supported Video Card

SAMSUNG 22X DVD Burner Black SATA Model SH-S223F

RUNNING:
    WIndows 7 SP1

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Have you followed Skype's guide on the video settings page?

Do you have the latest software and the right version for 7 SP1?

3. nerd_in_trainin

I have and I do. But Im wondering what the problem is if both skype and lifecam are having problems creating output for the camera. Can't do photos, videos or audio.

4. nerd_in_trainin

Further. The microsoft life cam is in use by another program. However, msconfig isn't seeing any program using it, neither is task manager.

5. nerd_in_trainin

Wow. Solved. About a month ago I needed to reformat the hardrive to go from ubuntu to windows so I installed XP with hopes of upgrading to windows 7. When I went to upgrade windows 7 kept running into hardware issues and one of the ways I tried to troubleshoot was by disabling the USB 2.0 in the bios...yeah. The problem ended up being ram but I never re-enabled the usb in the bios. So this morning I did and the webcam works fine. So does skype. lol. Sorry guys.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1055394

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice