1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Microsoft locked me out of my Hotmail account

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by cat7, Jan 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cat7

cat7 Thread Starter

Microsoft in Redmond, Washington, locked me out of my Hotmail email account, claiming someone has hacked into it and I need to prove to them that I am the real owner of that account. After filling out the forms they sent to me, requiring subject line detail of recent emails and recent email addresses of people I wrote, they sent me another email to my new Outlook account stating that they have given me back access to my old Hotmail account.

Now, how do I get that valuable information I had in my old Hotmail account and where is it? It is not in my new Outlook email account. I use Windows XP operating system.

Thank you,

cat7

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    The obvious answer is to login to your old Hotmail account. But, I'm guessing you missed giving us some other detail.

3. HerFavCereal

HerFavCereal

If you can't find your emails when you log in to your hotmail, I would suggest contacting Microsoft to ensure nothing was deleted.

-HerFavCereal

"Microsoft in Redmond, Washington, locked me out of my Hotmail email account, claiming someone has hacked into it and I need to prove to them that I am the real owner of that account. After filling out the forms they sent to me, requiring subject line detail of recent emails and recent email addresses of people I wrote, they sent me another email to my new Outlook account stating that they have given me back access to my old Hotmail account.

Now, how do I get that valuable information I had in my old Hotmail account and where is it? It is not in my new Outlook email account. I use Windows XP operating system.

Thank you,

cat7"

4. cat7

cat7 Thread Starter

cat7 response:
    Thank you, HerFavCereal,

Microsoft finally released my old, valuable information back to me, had me open several accounts, increase my security, submit a telephone number and change my password, assuring me that these changes would allow me easier access if my account was hacked in the future.

5. cat7

cat7 Thread Starter

cat7 response:

I did the "obvious" before I searched this forum for help. Microsoft had not released my old Hotmail account back to me, but sent the third email stating I had convinced them I'm the real owner, denying me access when my first 2 responses were not detailed enough, then released my information later that day. I am now transferring a lot of that very valuable information into new folders. I did not realize what a problem denying me access for several days to my Hotmail account would cause.

Sorry TerryNet, for the delay of my response. I had to do some serious catching up deadline work caused by being locked out of my Hotmail account.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083227

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice