1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: "Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Won't Install"

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by rgarr, Dec 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rgarr

rgarr Thread Starter

I'm running Windows XP SP2 and when I do a Windows Update I get this Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 as a High Priority update so I d/l it and that works but it fails to install.

When I go to start...control panel...add and remove programs it isn't installed but since I'm running SP2 I don't understand why this would pop up. I guess I need it but I don't know how to install it. Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated my friends!

2. MMJ

MMJ Guest

Does it say why? Try downloading it separate than installing it.

3. rgarr

rgarr Thread Starter

I tried d/l it separate and installing it but it still wouldn't install!

4. MMJ

MMJ Guest

What was the error? Maybe you should remove .net 1.1 than install it again with the service pack :)

5. rgarr

rgarr Thread Starter

What I don't understand is that I have Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 already installed on my pc under add/remove programs but it doesn't say what ver. it is i.e. SP1 or SP2? I am running Win XP Home Edition SP2 so why would I need the older ver. Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 on my pc?

Are you recommending that I uninstall Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 and then try to re-install Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 from the Windows site?

All I know is that when I do a Win Update check my pc says I need Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Update and it seems to inialize and d/l okay but it fails to install!

6. MMJ

MMJ Guest

Pretty weird. Just remove .net and reinstall it. :)

7. rgarr

rgarr Thread Starter

I'll do it and post back tomorrow...have company now...thanks my friend for the help!

8. rgarr

rgarr Thread Starter

It seemed to have worked...thanks for the help!

9. MMJ

MMJ Guest

Your welcome. :)

Can you please mark this solved? :)

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/524543

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice